Thursday, April 2, 2009

Sinead. (and some other really neat stuff)



first of all, awesome name.

and she is really, the shit.

i used to only know her because people called me that when i was young and bald?

we were listening in class today, and this quote...i want it on me.

"Before my face let thine inner most divine self
be enfolded in the raptures of the infinite. Know the
mystery, that is that which thou seekest thou findest.
not within thee, thou wilt never find it without thee."



it isn't a song by her, but it was written in the cd slip. as i am reading along, it has to do with The Charge of the Goddess, Gerald Garnder, Doreen Valiente, Wicca (a neopagan, nature-based religion), and the inspirational text of which the quote is from.


oh shit, so turns out Doreen wrote the quote above, but the orignal version by Gardner is this:

" Let it be your inmost
divine self who art lost in the constant rapture of infinite joy. Let
the rituals be rightly performed with joy and beauty. Remember that all
acts of love and pleasure are my rituals. So let there be beauty and
strength, leaping laughter, force and fire by within you. And if thou
sayest, `I have journeyed unto thee, and it availed me not,' rather
shalt thou say, `I called upon thee, and I waited patiently, and Lo,
thou wast with me from the beginning,' for they that ever desired me
shall ever attain me, even to the end of all desire."


i definitely love sinead o'connor for having this in her cd slip.

Links:

wicca.
the charge of the goddess
Gerald Gardner
Doreen Valiente
Gardner and Valiente


gardner... then valiente...


No comments: